Internship for Management and Engineering Post-Graduate Diploma Students
BRASI offers specialized training centers in the USA and Canada that are managed by highly-qualified and experienced professionals. BRASI’s Canadian office is located in the picturesque city of Toronto.
Our professionals conduct globally-recognized international training programs in supply chain, logistics and project management, communication and leadership skills. We also offer software user certification programs in ERP and SAP. All of our training adheres to the latest industry practices and business trends.
We conduct resident summer internship program during summer, specifically designed for Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) students in India
The program combines the benefits of training, certification, sightseeing and international experience, including visits to state-of-the-art manufacturing sites representing automotive, food and pharmaceuticals, among others.
Candidates will gain exposure to the application and practice of advanced business processes and improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Total Quality Management, Just-in-Time, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints.
Candidates interested in our summer internship program should possess the following qualifications:
Completion of the first year of a PGDM or MBA program, as well as a basic understanding of management principals, functions and roles of various departments within an organization
Completion of the third year of a B.Tech. or Bachelor of Engineering (BE), as well as a basic understanding of engineering subjects in mechanical, electrical, computer or production
- A degree in engineering or management and an interest in operation management
All candidates are expected to know how to use a computer, the Internet and relevant software during the classroom training and practical assignment sessions. BRASI reserves the right to accept or decline any application it receives.
The summer internship program will focus on the following components:
Classroom training: 80 hours of in-class training; 80 hours of project and assignment sessions that may include:
- Supply chain and logistics management
- ERP software training and practice
- Project work and case studies
Depending on the interest of the candidate, assigned projects will focus either on SCM or ERP, which candidates will be required to complete during the 80-hour practical and assignment sessions.
Plant visits: Candidates get to see supply chain innovations in practice — Lean Manufacturing, Total Quality Management, Just-in-Time and Six-Sigma. The number of plant visits will be subject to scheduled tours.
Sightseeing: BRASI will offer sightseeing tours in and around the Greater Toronto Area, including a day visit to Niagara Falls and a cruise in the Thousand Islands region.
- Certifications and awards: Upon completion of the internship, all participants will receive a Certificate of Summer Internship Training. BRASI will award a Certificate of Excellence to participants following the submission and evaluation of their project work.
Key Learning Benefits
Classes will broadly cover interactive learning of concepts and terms associated with supply chain management, practical applications and contemporary issues, discussions and reviews, case studies and quizzes. Classes will also focus on the human side of Lean Manufacturing, leadership and change management. The concentration of the program can be modified for engineering students based on their specific needs and interest.
Please contact your local chapter of BRASI or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Arrangements Made by BRASI
BRASI will make the following arrangements for program participants:
- Provision of course material, including books and online access to the course material
- Furnished shared accommodation in Toronto
- Local transport (excluding personal travel)
- Pick-up and drop-off at Pearson International Airport
- An orientation session about Toronto and Canada
- Refreshments during classroom breaks
- Wi-Fi high-speed Internet access in the classroom and practical sessions
- A day trip to Niagara Falls, including meals and refreshments
- A day trip and cruise around the Thousand Islands
- Toronto sightseeing tour
- On-site coin-operated laundry machines
- Shopping and local area guidance
- 24 hour emergency assistance
Arrangements Made by the Candidate
BRASI will expect program participants to be responsible for the following:
- Canadian VISA submission and related fees
- Return airfare — BRASI will negotiate with the airline for student concession
- Travel and health insurance — a must for each student
- Personal effects, shopping, etc.
- Meals not covered; however, cooking and catering facilities will be available
- Any other expense of personal nature
The summer internship program is scheduled for six weeks between June and August.